- Identify and solve art technical issues while bridging the gap between artists and programmers.
- Help Management in realizing the production vision. Introduce improved production pipeline.
- Develop and manage training programs and workshops. Collect and maintain local technical resources and insure continued dissemination to all development teams.
Art Production: Maya, Motion Builder, Photoshop, Vegas, Nuke, Massive, 3dMax (intermediate)
Scripting: MEL, Python, QT, SQL, MaxScript
Programming: C++, C#
API: Maya, FBX, Alienbrain NXN, Nuke, Shotgun, Perforce, Vision Engine
SCEA (VASG - Engineering),
San Diego, CA Mar 2015 - present
Software Application Engineer (Dec 2012 - present)
- Delivering Digital Double Solutions (Scanning through Animation)
- develop C++ application, art tools plug-ins, python and QT tools, facial tracking and solving tools, assets management and automation scripts
WorkforceLogic-ZeroChaos-Yoh (c/o SCEA Cinematics),
San Diego, CA Dec 2012 - Feb 2015
Technical Art Contractor (Dec 2012 - Feb 2015)
- Helping SCEA Cinematics department improve production pipeline
- develop C++ plug-ins, C#, python tools, Maya - Max automation scripts and build character rigs
Paragon Studios a NCSoft Company,
Mountain View, CA 2010 - 2012
Senior Technical Artist (July, 2010 - Nov 2012)
- Provide technical support for the art department
- Build and maintain art production tools and scripts
- Introduce and optimize art production pipeline
- Havok Ragdoll, Havok animation, and character rigging support
Image Movers Digital,
Los Angeles, CA 2010
Motion Capture Technical Director (March - June, 2010)
- Provide technical support for the motion capture department and solving pipeline automation
- Maintained motion capture solving scripts
- Deployed stand alone tool for prepping motion capture rig through range of motion data
- Developed a batch motion capture processing tool
Independent Pipeline Specialist,
San Diego, CA 2009 - 2010
Independent Consultant (2009 - 2010)
- Delivered an assets automation solution for an online marketing company
- Reviewed and recommended pipeline solution for GCCJPP future production
Sony Computer Entertainment America,
San Diego, CA 1995 - 2008
Staff Art Pipeline Tools Specialist (2006 - 2008)
- Through an extensive discussion with production staff and close observation of their workflow delivered scripts, plug-ins and applications that improved artist efficiency and consistency.
- Evaluated project�s technical and organizational risks while providing possible solutions.
- Published and maintained usage documentation for delivered procedures, scripts and applications.
- Trained production staff to effectively use such tools.
Art Production Manager, Technical Artist (2004 - 2005)
NBA 07(PS2, PS3) ; NBA 08(PS2, PS3) ; NBA09 (PS2 PS3)
- Analyzed and extracted art requirements through a thorough script breakdown.
- Produced clear art tasks and due dates while managing production interdependencies.
- Delivered, maintained and tracked a living art production schedule. Developed automation scripts/plug-ins for Maya and MotionBuilder such as Copy Skin Weight, Copy Texture UV, Attach and Export Collision Spheres, Plot Cameras, Split Poly Edge and Adjust Poly Pre-Light.
Director of Art (2001 - 2003)
NHL FaceOff 2003 (PS2); World Tour Soccer 2003 (PS2); NFL Game Day 2004 (PS2); NCAA Final Four 2004 (PS2); NCAA Game Breaker 2004 (PS2); MLB 2004 2005 (PS2); NBA the life (PS2)
- Implemented the Director of Development vision through a functional definition of art direction for both internal and external production.
- Worked with the Director to plan and develop art budget.
- Reorganized internal art teams in order to increase team�s efficiency and balance artist responsibilities.
- Worked with Human Resources to develop job descriptions for all art positions. Interviewed, hired and evaluated internal art staff.
Senior/Lead Artist (1997 - 2000)
NFL xtreme (PS); NFL xtreme2 (PS); NFL xtreme3 (PS)
- Identified artistic and technical areas of improvements and delivered a functional production plan.
- Supervised and guided art team through the pitfalls of production to insure the superior quality and timely delivery of our titles.
Senior Artist (1995 - 1997)
NBA shootout 97 (PS) 2 Xtreme (PS); 3 Xtreme (PS)
- Was in charge of the design, capture, tracking and editing of all motion data for my team.
- Also applied my comprehensive knowledge of Alias Software along with other graphic tools, in the design and modeling of articulated hierarchical characters.
Global Vision, Computer Animation Division, Irvine, CA 1991 - 1995
Director of Art, Owner
- Duties encompassed modeling 3D objects, creating textures, lighting scenes, animating objects and editing S.D.L. programs to speed up rendering and create special effects.
- Utilized Alias Power Animator, Ntitle (Xoas Tools), Mojo (Side Effects), Photoshop (Adobe), Premiere (Adobe), Director (Macromedia), DeBabelizer (Equilibrium) and Apple Media Tools (Apple).
Ara International Productions, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Oct 1989 - July 1991
Special Effects Supervisor and On-line Editor
- Operated GVG 200 Vision Mixer, GVG Kaleidoscope, ADO 3000, Sony BVE 9000 and Sound Craft 200 audio mixer.
- Created special effects and edited video programs for national broadcasting.
Kuwait Television, Kuwait City, Kuwait 1988 - 1989
Post Production Supervisor
- Planned postproduction operations trained new employees, developed a synchronization interface to increase editor's efficiency, edit and build multi-layered special effects.
Out Law Productions, Los Angeles, CA 1982 - 1983
Out Law Pursuit (Feature film)
- As a Sound Engineer, have supervised the boom operators and recorded the live dialog.
- In addition, have planned and defined the ADR process for this movie.
- After the completion of the principle photography, have assumed the role of Assistant Editor and Sound Effects Editor.
- In this position, have synchronized the sound track and marked the shot according to the script.
- Have maintained a coherent log of all the shots and tracked all the film assets.
- More so, have researched and created all the necessary sound effects for this film.
- Then, have assembled these sound effects to further the development of story.
California State University, Long Beach, CA
- B. A. Radio, Television and Film.
- Related courses: Graphic Arts, Film and Video Post Production, Special Effects, Film and Television Lighting, Production Management, USC Cinema Workshop, Mechanics of Physics and Calculus for Business.
- Additional course works in Java, C and C++.